Medicines Co. (MDCO) Sells-Off with Alnylam (ALNY) Despite Providing Update
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Medicines Co. (NASDAQ: MDCO) is down 9.1% after-hours after Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ALNY) announced that upon the recommendation of the ENDEAVOUR Phase 3 study Data Monitoring Committee (DMC) to suspend dosing, the Company has decided to discontinue development of revusiran, an investigational RNA interference (RNAi) therapeutic that was being developed for the treatment of hereditary ATTR amyloidosis with cardiomyopathy (hATTR-CM). This decision was made yesterday evening and has been communicated to investigators, study sites, and regulatory authorities.
Amid the news and sell-off, The Medicines Company (Nasdaq: MDCO) provided and update on its ORION-1 study and said no safety concerns were raised.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Silence Therapeutics Acquires Shares in Arrowhead Research (ARWR) to Facilitate Discussions
- JPMorgan (JPM) volatility elevated as shares mixed in premarket on Q4 profit rise, bond trading better than expected
- Comerica (CMA) volatility flat as shares near record all time high into Q4 and outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!