Ligand Pharmaceuticals (LGND) Says Glaxo (GSK) Submits Regulatory Apps for Promacta/Revolade
- Market Wrap: Fed Dips Toe in Taper Water; Bitcoin Hit on China Clampdown
- Stocks Welcome a 'True' Taper with a Smile
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/18: (ALIM) (PSDV) (ORCL) Higher; (GIG) (APOG) (ROSE) Lower (more...)
- Oracle Corp (ORCL) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c; SaaS Bookings Grew 35%
- Fed Tapers $10B; Cuts Monthly Mortgage Bond Buying to $35B, Treasuries to $40B
Ligand Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: LGND) partner GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE: GSK) has submitted regulatory applications in the United States and European Union related to eltrombopag (Promacta/Revolade) and its use to increase platelet counts in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection and low platelets (thrombocytopenia), specifically:
- A supplemental New Drug Application to the US Food and Drug Administration for Promacta (eltrombopag) as a treatment for thrombocytopenia in adult patients with chronic hepatitis C infection to enable the initiation of interferon-based therapy and to optimize interferon-based therapy.
- A variation to the Marketing Authorization Application to the European Medicines Agency for Revolade (eltrombopag) as a treatment for thrombocytopenia in adult patients with chronic hepatitis C infection to enable the initiation of interferon-based therapy and during interferon-based therapy.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Merck (MRK), Glaxo (GSK) Enter Collaboration for Adv. Renal Cell Carcinoma Treatment
- Prospect Global (PGRX) Receives Endorsement from Sichuan Chemical to Extinguish Debt
- JB Hunt Transport (JBHT) Announces Truck Unit Management Changes; Affirms FY14 Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!