Galectin Therapeutics (GALT) Gains Again on Takeover, NASH Trial Speculation
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Galectin Therapeutics (NASDAQ: GALT) is surging higher again as speculators reprice NASH stocks following Allergen's (NYSE: AGN) takeover of Tobira (NASDAQ: TBRA) yesterday. Today, on its call, Allergan's CEO said Tobira was a 'very competitive situation'
Yesterday, H.C. Wainwright analyst Ed Arce told StreetInsider that GALT has the best read-through given its anti-fibrosis NASH drug GR-MD-02. The Company expects to report the top line results from a Phase 2 clinical trial by the end of the month.
Shares of GALT are up 31%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA)/SolarCity (SCTY) Deal Spread Lowest Since Late August
- MannKind (MNKD) Shares Ramp to Session Highs on Heavy Volume
- GE (GE) Downplays Varian (VAR) Takeover Rumors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA, Momentum Movers, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesH.C. Wainwright, Ed Arce
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!