Galectin Therapeutics (GALT) Gains Again on Takeover, NASH Trial Speculation
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Galectin Therapeutics (NASDAQ: GALT) is surging higher again as speculators reprice NASH stocks following Allergen's (NYSE: AGN) takeover of Tobira (NASDAQ: TBRA) yesterday. Today, on its call, Allergan's CEO said Tobira was a 'very competitive situation'
Yesterday, H.C. Wainwright analyst Ed Arce told StreetInsider that GALT has the best read-through given its anti-fibrosis NASH drug GR-MD-02. The Company expects to report the top line results from a Phase 2 clinical trial by the end of the month.
Shares of GALT are up 31%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GenVec (GNVC) halted again LUDP last up 20%
- UPDATE: Ixia (XXIA) Said Exploring Sale - Reuters
- GW Pharma (GWPH) Announces Significant Results from Two Epidiolex Phase 3s
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA, Momentum Movers, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesH.C. Wainwright, Ed Arce
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!