Galectin Therapeutics (GALT) Gains Again on Takeover, NASH Trial Speculation
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Galectin Therapeutics (NASDAQ: GALT) is surging higher again as speculators reprice NASH stocks following Allergen's (NYSE: AGN) takeover of Tobira (NASDAQ: TBRA) yesterday. Today, on its call, Allergan's CEO said Tobira was a 'very competitive situation'
Yesterday, H.C. Wainwright analyst Ed Arce told StreetInsider that GALT has the best read-through given its anti-fibrosis NASH drug GR-MD-02. The Company expects to report the top line results from a Phase 2 clinical trial by the end of the month.
Shares of GALT are up 31%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Galectin Therapeutics (GALT) Adds to Recent Speculative Gains
- Twitter (TWTR) Looking for at least $30B in Sale - Re/Code (~$43/Share)
- Achillion Pharma (ACHN) Announces Positive SVR12 Data for Odalasvir, AL-335, and Simeprevir Phase 3 in Genotype 1 HCV
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA, Momentum Movers, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesH.C. Wainwright, Ed Arce
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!