Galectin Therapeutics (GALT) Gains Again on Takeover, NASH Trial Speculation
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Galectin Therapeutics (NASDAQ: GALT) is surging higher again as speculators reprice NASH stocks following Allergen's (NYSE: AGN) takeover of Tobira (NASDAQ: TBRA) yesterday. Today, on its call, Allergan's CEO said Tobira was a 'very competitive situation'
Yesterday, H.C. Wainwright analyst Ed Arce told StreetInsider that GALT has the best read-through given its anti-fibrosis NASH drug GR-MD-02. The Company expects to report the top line results from a Phase 2 clinical trial by the end of the month.
Shares of GALT are up 31%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Helios and Matheson (HMNY) halted on LUDP after surging 65%
- Peabody Energy (BTUUQ) Shares Active After Filing of Monthly Operating Report
- AT&T (T) said pushing to reach Time Warner (TWX) deal by Monday - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA, Momentum Movers, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesH.C. Wainwright, Ed Arce
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!