Galectin Therapeutics (GALT) Gains Again on Takeover, NASH Trial Speculation
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Galectin Therapeutics (NASDAQ: GALT) is surging higher again as speculators reprice NASH stocks following Allergen's (NYSE: AGN) takeover of Tobira (NASDAQ: TBRA) yesterday. Today, on its call, Allergan's CEO said Tobira was a 'very competitive situation'
Yesterday, H.C. Wainwright analyst Ed Arce told StreetInsider that GALT has the best read-through given its anti-fibrosis NASH drug GR-MD-02. The Company expects to report the top line results from a Phase 2 clinical trial by the end of the month.
Shares of GALT are up 31%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla's (TSLA) Musk Says NHTSA's Final Report on Autopilot is 'Very Positive'
- Michael Kors (KORS) calls expiring Friday active
- Newmont Mining (NEM) short duration January calls active
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA, Momentum Movers, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesH.C. Wainwright, Ed Arce
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!