GW Pharma (GWPH) Shares Pressured; Abstract Confirms Interactions Between CBD and Clobazam in RE
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
GW Pharma (NASDAQ: GWPH) shares are lower following release of an abstract ahead of the American Epilepsy Society's Annual Meeting. The abstract covers
potential interactions between pharmaceutical grade CBD (Epidiolex) and AEDs by monitoring of serum AED levels during active titration of CBD in patients with treatment refractory epilepsy enrolled in an open label safety study.
The abstract concluded:
Significant drug interactions were identified between CBD and clobazam, rufinamide, topiramiate, zonisamide, and eslicarbazepine. This study emphasizes the importance of monitoring AED levels during treatment with CBD. In the future, these data will need to be correlated with reported side effects and/or lab abnormalities to determine if they are clinically significant.
The AES Annual Meeting runs from December 2 - 6, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Silence Therapeutics Acquires Shares in Arrowhead Research (ARWR) to Facilitate Discussions
- Volatility and Volume movement
- PNC Financial (PNC) volatility elevated as shares up in premarket on better than expected Q4 EPS of $1.97
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!