GW Pharma (GWPH) Shares Pressured; Abstract Confirms Interactions Between CBD and Clobazam in RE
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
GW Pharma (NASDAQ: GWPH) shares are lower following release of an abstract ahead of the American Epilepsy Society's Annual Meeting. The abstract covers
potential interactions between pharmaceutical grade CBD (Epidiolex) and AEDs by monitoring of serum AED levels during active titration of CBD in patients with treatment refractory epilepsy enrolled in an open label safety study.
The abstract concluded:
Significant drug interactions were identified between CBD and clobazam, rufinamide, topiramiate, zonisamide, and eslicarbazepine. This study emphasizes the importance of monitoring AED levels during treatment with CBD. In the future, these data will need to be correlated with reported side effects and/or lab abnormalities to determine if they are clinically significant.
The AES Annual Meeting runs from December 2 - 6, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AstraZeneca (AZN) Says FDA Accepts First BLA for Durvalumab in Bladder Cancer with Priority Review
- Mizuho Discusses Biogen (BIIB) Seizure Patient
- Proshares Trust Ultrashort Lehman 20+ Year Treasury (TBT) volatility up into FOMC meeting
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!