GW Pharma (GWPH) Shares Pressured; Abstract Confirms Interactions Between CBD and Clobazam in RE
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
GW Pharma (NASDAQ: GWPH) shares are lower following release of an abstract ahead of the American Epilepsy Society's Annual Meeting. The abstract covers
potential interactions between pharmaceutical grade CBD (Epidiolex) and AEDs by monitoring of serum AED levels during active titration of CBD in patients with treatment refractory epilepsy enrolled in an open label safety study.
The abstract concluded:
Significant drug interactions were identified between CBD and clobazam, rufinamide, topiramiate, zonisamide, and eslicarbazepine. This study emphasizes the importance of monitoring AED levels during treatment with CBD. In the future, these data will need to be correlated with reported side effects and/or lab abnormalities to determine if they are clinically significant.
The AES Annual Meeting runs from December 2 - 6, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Announces Positive Results from IDP-118 Phase 3 as Psoriasis Treatment
- Wynn Resorts Ltd (WYNN) options active on Chinese government to slash Macau ATM withdrawal limit, SCMP reports
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!