FDA Confirms Departure of Ronald Farkas (SRPT)
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
The FDA, in an email to StreetInsider, confirmed that reviewer Ronald Farkas left the agency. Further details regarding the departure weren’t provided.
Rumors that Farkas took a job in the private sector surfaced after the market close on Tuesday, sending shares of DMD drug developer Sarepta Therapeutics (Nasdaq: SRPT) sharply higher in afterhours trading. Farkas was critical of Sarepta’s eteplirsen and his departure is viewed by some on Wall Street as a positive sign for approval.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- HollyFrontier (HFC) said in talks to buy Suncor's (SU) Canada lubricants unit - Reuters
- MGP Ingredients (MGPI) Moves Off Lows Following Spill
- TripAdvisor (TRIP) Shares Pop Higher Amid Chatter
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA, Hot FDA News, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!