FDA Confirms Departure of Ronald Farkas (SRPT)
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
The FDA, in an email to StreetInsider, confirmed that reviewer Ronald Farkas left the agency. Further details regarding the departure weren’t provided.
Rumors that Farkas took a job in the private sector surfaced after the market close on Tuesday, sending shares of DMD drug developer Sarepta Therapeutics (Nasdaq: SRPT) sharply higher in afterhours trading. Farkas was critical of Sarepta’s eteplirsen and his departure is viewed by some on Wall Street as a positive sign for approval.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Aetna (AET) Adds Sarepta's (NASDAQ: SRPT) Exondys 51 to Coverage List; Will be Effective Nov. 1st
- Alphabet (GOOGL) October weekly 817.50 straddle priced for movement of 4.8% into Q3
- Bob Evans Farms (BOBE) said attracting activist investor interest - DealReporter
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA, Hot FDA News, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!