FDA Confirms Departure of Ronald Farkas (SRPT)
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
The FDA, in an email to StreetInsider, confirmed that reviewer Ronald Farkas left the agency. Further details regarding the departure weren’t provided.
Rumors that Farkas took a job in the private sector surfaced after the market close on Tuesday, sending shares of DMD drug developer Sarepta Therapeutics (Nasdaq: SRPT) sharply higher in afterhours trading. Farkas was critical of Sarepta’s eteplirsen and his departure is viewed by some on Wall Street as a positive sign for approval.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) Exondys 51 'Medically Necessary' at Aetna When Certain Criteria are Met
- Saudi Central bank System said to be hit by Iranian malware - Bloomberg
- GenVec (GNVC) halted again LUDP last up 20%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA, Hot FDA News, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!