Chimerix (CMRX) on Watch as Merck's (MRK) Letermovir Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint n CMV Prevention
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Chimerix (Nasdaq: CMRX) shares are on watch after Merck (NYSE: MRK) announced that the pivotal Phase 3 clinical study of letermovir, an investigational antiviral medicine, met its primary endpoint. The global, multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled study evaluated the efficacy and safety of letermovir for the prevention of clinically-significant cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection in adult (18 years and older) CMV-seropositive recipients of an allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT).
In December 2016, Chimerix announced that its Phase 3 SUPPRESS trial of brincidofovir in patients undergoing hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) did not achieve its primary endpoint for the prevention of clinically significant cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection through Week 24 after transplant.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Merck's (MRK) sBLA for KEYTRUDA Accepted by U.S. FDA in r/r CHL
- Apple (AAPL) volatility at low end of range into Holiday shopping season
- New Oriental (EDU) puts active after Reuters says Standards council investigating
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!