Chimerix (CMRX) on Watch as Merck's (MRK) Letermovir Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint n CMV Prevention
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Chimerix (Nasdaq: CMRX) shares are on watch after Merck (NYSE: MRK) announced that the pivotal Phase 3 clinical study of letermovir, an investigational antiviral medicine, met its primary endpoint. The global, multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled study evaluated the efficacy and safety of letermovir for the prevention of clinically-significant cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection in adult (18 years and older) CMV-seropositive recipients of an allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT).
In December 2016, Chimerix announced that its Phase 3 SUPPRESS trial of brincidofovir in patients undergoing hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) did not achieve its primary endpoint for the prevention of clinically significant cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection through Week 24 after transplant.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Merck (MRK) Announces Positive HRQoL Data from KEYTRUDA Phase 3 KEYNOTE-024 Study
- Options with increasing volume: MGM SWC SYB FNSR STZ BIIB LVS EPE SUN MTN SDRL KO AMD CPB SDRL DATA
- Wynn Resorts (WYNN) volatility elevated, Macau denies report of daily ATM withdrawal limit, Bloomberg reports