Chimerix (CMRX) on Watch as Merck's (MRK) Letermovir Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint n CMV Prevention
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Chimerix (Nasdaq: CMRX) shares are on watch after Merck (NYSE: MRK) announced that the pivotal Phase 3 clinical study of letermovir, an investigational antiviral medicine, met its primary endpoint. The global, multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled study evaluated the efficacy and safety of letermovir for the prevention of clinically-significant cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection in adult (18 years and older) CMV-seropositive recipients of an allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT).
In December 2016, Chimerix announced that its Phase 3 SUPPRESS trial of brincidofovir in patients undergoing hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) did not achieve its primary endpoint for the prevention of clinically significant cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection through Week 24 after transplant.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AstraZeneca (AZN) MYSTIC Change Positive for Merck (MRK), Less so for Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) - BMO
- Stocks with increasing put volume on January 18
- 3D Systems (DDD) calls with two-days to expiration active