Aerie Pharma (AERI) Surges Over 60% on Successful Roclatan Trial; Wall Street Analyst Nails Call
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Aerie Pharma (NASDAQ: AERI) is surging 65% in after-hours trade Wednesday after the company reported the successful 90-day primary efficacy results of its 12-month Phase 3 “Mercury 1” clinical trial for its fixed-dose combination product candidate, Roclatan. The study achieved its primary efficacy endpoint demonstrating statistical superiority over each of its components, including Aerie product candidate Rhopressa (netarsudil ophthalmic solution) 0.02%, and market leading prostaglandin analogue (PGA) latanoprost, all of which were dosed once daily in the evening.
Notably, Raymond James analyst Elliot Wilbur initiated coverage on the stock earlier (After the close Tuesday) with a 'Strong Buy' rating and $48 price target. Shares were up 7.5% intra-day Wednesday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GenVec (GNVC) halted again LUDP last up 30%
- GenVec (GNVC) halted again LUDP last up 20%
- GW Pharma (GWPH) Announces Significant Results from Two Epidiolex Phase 3s
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesFDA, Hot FDA News, Momentum Movers, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRaymond James
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!