U.S. Steel (X) Plans 17M Share Common Stock Offering
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Today United States Steel Corporation (NYSE: X) announced that it has commenced an underwritten public offering of 17,000,000 shares of common stock. The Company intends to grant the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to 2,550,000 additional shares of common stock from the Company. The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the offering for financial flexibility, capital expenditures and other general corporate purposes.
J.P. Morgan, Goldman, Sachs & Co., Barclays, Wells Fargo Securities, Credit Suisse and Morgan Stanley are acting as joint book-running managers for the proposed offering. Copies of the preliminary prospectus supplement and accompanying prospectus for the offering may be obtained from: J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, c/o Broadridge Financial Solutions, 1155 Long Island Avenue, Edgewood, NY 11717, or by telephone at (866) 803-9204; and from Goldman, Sachs & Co., Attn: Prospectus Department, 200 West Street, New York, NY 10282, telephone: (866) 471-2526, facsimile: (212) 902-9316, e-mail: email@example.com.
The common stock will be issued and sold pursuant to an effective automatic shelf registration statement on Form S-3 previously filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"). Before you invest, you should read the prospectus in that registration statement and other documents filed with the SEC for more information about the Company and this offering. You may obtain these documents free of charge by visiting the SEC's website at www.sec.gov.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- SM Energy (SM) Prices Larger 9.5M Share Stock Offering for Proceeds of $363.4M
- Immune Pharma (IMNP) Files 39.77M Share Common Stock Shelf for Selling Shareholders
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEquity Offerings
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley, Barclays, S3, Wells Fargo, Equity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!