Medical Properties Trust (MPW) to Offer 33.5M Shares of Common Stock
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (the “Company” or “MPT”) (NYSE: MPW) announced today that it has commenced an offering to sell 33,500,000 shares of its common stock in an underwritten public offering. The Company intends to grant the underwriters in the offering a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 5,025,000 shares of its common stock.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the offering to partially fund its previously announced acquisition of a portfolio of assets from Steward Health Care System LLC (“Steward”) as well as a portion of its previously announced acquisition of assets from affiliates of Median Kliniken S.à.r.l. (“MEDIAN”). The offering is not conditioned upon the successful completion of the Steward or MEDIAN acquisitions. Pending closing of the Steward and MEDIAN acquisitions, the Company intends to invest the net proceeds of this offering in short-term interest-bearing securities.
BofA Merrill Lynch and Barclays will act as joint book running managers for the offering. The offering will be made under the Company’s effective shelf registration statement previously filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: WPX Energy (WPX) Announces Common Stock Offering: 45M Shares
- SUPERVALU (SVU) on Watch After Filing 10-Q
- Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) Reported $5.4M Exondys 51 Sales
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEquity Offerings
Related EntitiesMerrill Lynch, Bank of America, Barclays, Dividend, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!