Medical Properties Trust (MPW) to Offer 33.5M Shares of Common Stock
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (the “Company” or “MPT”) (NYSE: MPW) announced today that it has commenced an offering to sell 33,500,000 shares of its common stock in an underwritten public offering. The Company intends to grant the underwriters in the offering a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 5,025,000 shares of its common stock.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the offering to partially fund its previously announced acquisition of a portfolio of assets from Steward Health Care System LLC (“Steward”) as well as a portion of its previously announced acquisition of assets from affiliates of Median Kliniken S.à.r.l. (“MEDIAN”). The offering is not conditioned upon the successful completion of the Steward or MEDIAN acquisitions. Pending closing of the Steward and MEDIAN acquisitions, the Company intends to invest the net proceeds of this offering in short-term interest-bearing securities.
BofA Merrill Lynch and Barclays will act as joint book running managers for the offering. The offering will be made under the Company’s effective shelf registration statement previously filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/2: (ASNA) (HTBX) (REPH) Higher; (PLX) (MEMP) (DRYS) Lower
- Fairmount Santrol (FMSA) Pirices Larger 20M Share Stock Offering for Proceeds of $175M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEquity Offerings
Related EntitiesMerrill Lynch, Bank of America, Barclays, Dividend, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!