Fate Therapeutics (FATE) Enters $57M Private Placement
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Fate Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FATE) announced that it has entered into a definitive securities purchase agreement with certain institutional and other accredited investors. The private placement is being led by Redmile Group LLC with participation from BVF Partners L.P., EcoR1 Capital LLC and Franklin Advisers, Inc. as well as certain individual investors including members of the Company’s Board of Directors. Gross proceeds from the private placement are expected to be approximately $57 million dollars.
Redmile has agreed to purchase 2,819,549 shares of non-voting Class A Preferred Stock at $13.30 per share, each of which is convertible into five shares of common stock upon certain conditions. The remaining investors have agreed to purchase 7,236,837 shares of common stock at $2.66 per share. The purchase and sale is expected to close on or about November 23, 2016, subject to customary closing conditions.
The Company expects to use the proceeds from the transaction primarily to advance its pipeline of programmed cellular immunotherapies and for general corporate purposes. Leerink Partners LLC acted as the exclusive placement agent to the Company in connection with the private financing.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bitcoin Investment Trust (GBTC) Files to Offer Up to $500M in Stock in IPO; Plans to List on NYSE Arca
- Amedica (AMDA) Plans Offering of Common Stock and Warrants
- Carolina Financial (CARO) Commences $40M Offering of Common Stock
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEquity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!