Fate Therapeutics (FATE) Enters $57M Private Placement
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Fate Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FATE) announced that it has entered into a definitive securities purchase agreement with certain institutional and other accredited investors. The private placement is being led by Redmile Group LLC with participation from BVF Partners L.P., EcoR1 Capital LLC and Franklin Advisers, Inc. as well as certain individual investors including members of the Company’s Board of Directors. Gross proceeds from the private placement are expected to be approximately $57 million dollars.
Redmile has agreed to purchase 2,819,549 shares of non-voting Class A Preferred Stock at $13.30 per share, each of which is convertible into five shares of common stock upon certain conditions. The remaining investors have agreed to purchase 7,236,837 shares of common stock at $2.66 per share. The purchase and sale is expected to close on or about November 23, 2016, subject to customary closing conditions.
The Company expects to use the proceeds from the transaction primarily to advance its pipeline of programmed cellular immunotherapies and for general corporate purposes. Leerink Partners LLC acted as the exclusive placement agent to the Company in connection with the private financing.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Atkore International Group (ATKR) Files 8M Share Common Stock Shelf for Shareholder
- Protalix BioTherapeutics (PLX) Enters Notes Exchange Agreement, Conv. Notes Private Placement
- Hoegh LNG Partners (HMLP) Prices 6M Units Offering for Proceeds of ~$105.6M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEquity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!