Anadarko Petroleum (APC) Announces 35.25M Share Common Stock Offering
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: APC) announced a registered underwritten public offering of 35,250,000 shares of its common stock. Anadarko expects to grant the underwriter a 30-day option to purchase up to 5,287,500 additional shares of its common stock. The underwriter intends to offer the shares from time to time for sale in one or more transactions on the New York Stock Exchange, in the over-the-counter market, through negotiated transactions or otherwise at market prices prevailing at the time of sale, at prices related to prevailing market prices or at negotiated prices.
Net proceeds from the offering are expected to be used to fund the previously announced acquisition of deepwater Gulf of Mexico assets from an unaffiliated third party, and any remaining net proceeds will be used for general corporate purposes. The offering is not conditioned on the consummation of the acquisition. If the acquisition is not consummated, Anadarko intends to use the net proceeds from the offering for general corporate purposes.
J.P. Morgan Securities LLC is acting as the sole underwriter for the offering. The offering will be made only by means of a preliminary prospectus supplement and the accompanying base prospectus. An investor may obtain free copies of both the preliminary prospectus supplement and the accompanying base prospectus by visiting EDGAR on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. Alternatively, Anadarko or the book-running manager will arrange to send you the preliminary prospectus supplement and the accompanying base prospectus if you request them by contacting J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, via Broadridge Financial Solutions, 1155 Long Island Avenue, Edgewood, New York 11717, by calling toll-free at (866) 803-9204, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- Karyopharm Therapeutics (KPTI) Presents Strong Selinexor Phase 2b Data in Certain Multiple Myeloma
- Osiris Therapeutics (OSIR) Granted Additional Time to Meet Nasdaq Listing Compliance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEquity Offerings
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!