UPDATE: Whirlpool (WHR) Gains Following AHAM Shipment Data
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - November 15, 2016 1:15 PM EST)
Whirlpool (NYSE: WHR) gained Tuesday following the release of AHAM data that showed a 7.6% year-over-year increase to 5.7 million units in October, according to Bloomberg.
Shipments of washers, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, ranges and ovens gained 7% to 3.96 million units.
Home laundry shipments were up 10.3% to 1.5 million units, cooking gained 9.7% to 1.8 million, and kitchen cleanup gained 4.4% to 1.2 million. Food preservation was down 0.9% to 1.1 million.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whirlpool Corporation To Announce Fourth-Quarter And Full-Year Results And Hold Conference Call On January 26
- Investment Focus: History suggests Trump month will be stocks down, dollar up
- Volatility and Volume movement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEconomic Data, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!