UPDATE: Whirlpool (WHR) Gains Following AHAM Shipment Data
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - November 15, 2016 1:15 PM EST)
Whirlpool (NYSE: WHR) gained Tuesday following the release of AHAM data that showed a 7.6% year-over-year increase to 5.7 million units in October, according to Bloomberg.
Shipments of washers, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, ranges and ovens gained 7% to 3.96 million units.
Home laundry shipments were up 10.3% to 1.5 million units, cooking gained 9.7% to 1.8 million, and kitchen cleanup gained 4.4% to 1.2 million. Food preservation was down 0.9% to 1.1 million.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whirlpool (WHR) Says U.S. Government Confirms Samsung and LG Dumped Washers in US - DJ
- InvenSense (INVN) calls active after report Japan's TDK in talks to buy
- Flowers Foods (FLO) Surges 9% After Settling Class Action Lawsuit
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEconomic Data, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!