UPDATE: AHAM August Shipments Down 0.2% - Bloomberg (WHR)
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 16, 2016 1:09 PM EDT)
August shipments of major home appliances fell 0.2% year-over-year to 5.66 million units, according to Bloomberg, citing AHAM. Shipments of washers, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, ranges, and ovens declined 3.5% to 3.6 million units.
Whirlpool (NYSE: WHR) shares ticked lower following the headline.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: AHAM Appliance Shipments Rise 5% in Sept. - Bloomberg (WHR)
- Peabody Energy (BTUUQ) Shares Active After Filing of Monthly Operating Report
- Volatility and Volume movement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEconomic Data, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!