UPDATE: AHAM Appliance Shipments Rise 5% in Sept. - Bloomberg (WHR)
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - October 17, 2016 1:12 PM EDT)
U.S. shipments of major home appliances rose 5% year-over-year to 7.2 million units in September, according to Bloomberg, citing data from AHAM. Year-to-date shipments increased 1.5% to 57.1 million units.
Sept. shipments of washers, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, ranges, and ovens gained 6.9% to 5 million units. Cooking was down 2%, food preservation was up 3.3%, home laundry was up 9.3%, kitchen clean up was up 7.4%, and home comfort appliances were up 39.9%.
Related tickers include Whirlpool (NYSE: WHR).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: MKM Partners Downgrades Whirlpool Corporation (WHR) to Neutral on Concerns About Higher Steel Prices
- Stocks with Implied Volatility Movement
- GoPro (GPRO) calls active on open
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEconomic Data, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!