UPDATE: AHAM Appliance Shipments Rise 5% in Sept. - Bloomberg (WHR)
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 17, 2016 1:12 PM EDT)
U.S. shipments of major home appliances rose 5% year-over-year to 7.2 million units in September, according to Bloomberg, citing data from AHAM. Year-to-date shipments increased 1.5% to 57.1 million units.
Sept. shipments of washers, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, ranges, and ovens gained 6.9% to 5 million units. Cooking was down 2%, food preservation was up 3.3%, home laundry was up 9.3%, kitchen clean up was up 7.4%, and home comfort appliances were up 39.9%.
Related tickers include Whirlpool (NYSE: WHR).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Baker Hughes Total U.S. Rig Count +4, Oil -6
- Dean Foods (DF) November volatility increases on sharp rally
- NetSuite (N) volatility increases into Oracle’s (ORCL) $109 a share tender expiring
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEconomic Data, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!