UPDATE: AHAM Appliance Shipments Rise 5% in Sept. - Bloomberg (WHR)
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 17, 2016 1:12 PM EDT)
U.S. shipments of major home appliances rose 5% year-over-year to 7.2 million units in September, according to Bloomberg, citing data from AHAM. Year-to-date shipments increased 1.5% to 57.1 million units.
Sept. shipments of washers, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, ranges, and ovens gained 6.9% to 5 million units. Cooking was down 2%, food preservation was up 3.3%, home laundry was up 9.3%, kitchen clean up was up 7.4%, and home comfort appliances were up 39.9%.
Related tickers include Whirlpool (NYSE: WHR).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks with increasing call volume on January 20
- iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) down 16c to 20.57
- Stocks with call price movement; AMD NUGT
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEconomic Data, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!