U.S. third-quarter GDP seen slowing to 2.43 percent: N.Y. Fed
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Federal Reserve and New York City Police officers stand guard in front of the New York Federal Reserve Building in New York, October 17, 2012. REUTERS/Keith Bedford/File Photo
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The New York Federal Reserve on Friday pared its forecast on U.S. economic growth in the third quarter to 2.43 percent from 2.63 percent it estimated a week ago due mainly to weak data on domestic retail sales in July.
"The largest negative contribution came from retail
sales data," the N.Y. Fed said in a statement.
(Reporting by Richard Leong; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fed's Williams wants rate hike this year as wages rise
- Fed Beige Book Says Job Market Tight; Outlooks Mostly Positive
- Existing Home Sales 5.47M vs 5.35M Expected
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEconomic Data, Fed, General News, Reuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!