May Retail Sales Down 0.2%, Inline; Ex-Autos Down 0.4%
- Top 10 News for 4/25 - 4/29: Merger Madness!; Valeant Hies New Boss; Icahn's Exit of Apple Could be Telling Sign
- Healthcare stocks, weak data weigh on Wall Street
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Tops Q1 EPS by 49c; Issues Q2 Outlook
- Exclusive: Yahoo's bidder shortlist points to cash deal -sources
- Yen posts biggest weekly gain since 2008, stocks fall
Retail sales for the month of May fell 0.2%, inline with the economist estimate. Retail sales excluding autos were down 0.4%, vs. the consensus of 0.0%. Retail sales excluding both gas and autos were down 0.1%, vs. the consensus of up 0.4%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Baker Hughes Total U.S. Rig Count 420 vs 431 Prior
- Tuesday Morning (TUES) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Comps Rose 13.4%
- Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) Tops Q1 EPS by 7c, Comps Increase 1.7%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEconomic Data, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!