Fed maintains rate, says unemployment 'declined notably,' but remains elevated, says strains in global markets 'have eased'
- Wall Street rises in wake of first presidential face-off
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 9/27: (GI) (DRRX) (KTOV) Higher; (CVM) (CZR) (AOI) Lower
- Boston Scientific (BSX) to Acquire EndoChoice (GI) in ~$210M Deal
- Oil down 3 percent as Saudis say no chance for Algiers deal
- Dollar gains against euro on Deutsche Bank fears, falls vs Mexican peso
Fed maintains federal funds rate target of 0-0.25%; says unemployment "declined notably," but remains elevated; says strains in global markets "have eased..."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: S&P/CS 20-City Index MoM -0.01% vs 0.0% Expected; YoY 5.02% vs 5.10% Expected
- UPDATE: Baker Hughes Total U.S. Rig Count +5 to 511, Oil Rigs +2
- New Home Sales 609K vs 600K Expected
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEconomic Data, Fed
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!