Fed maintains rate, says unemployment 'declined notably,' but remains elevated, says strains in global markets 'have eased'
- Top 10 News for 10/5 - 10/9: Twitter Names New CEO; Fed Cautious on Hike Amid Global Slowdown; GE Gets New Activist
- Wall Street ekes out small gain to cap strongest week of year
- DSV to Acquire UTi Worldwide (UTIW) in $1.35B Deal
- SolarWinds (SWI) Commences Review of Strategic Alternatives
- Barclays Downgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Underweight
Fed maintains federal funds rate target of 0-0.25%; says unemployment "declined notably," but remains elevated; says strains in global markets "have eased..."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fed still plans rate hike this year, but not committed
- API Crude Inventory Declines Decline 1.23M Barrels
- Fed should cut interest rates, Kocherlakota says
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEconomic Data, Fed
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!