lululemon athletica (LULU) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS; Comps Outpaced Views
- Wall St. edges higher as earnings gather pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/24: (MPSX) (IIVI) (AKS) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (VZ) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
lululemon athletica (NASDAQ: LULU) reported Q2 EPS of $0.38, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.38. Revenue for the quarter came in at $514.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $515.47 million.
Adjusted comps rose 4 percent, versus a gain of 2.8 percent expected.
For the third quarter of fiscal 2016, we expect net revenue to be in the range of $535 million to $545 million based on total comparable sales in the mid-single digits on a constant dollar basis. Diluted earnings per share are expected to be in the range of $0.42 to $0.44 for the quarter. This guidance assumes 137.5 million diluted weighted-average shares outstanding and a 30.5% tax rate.
*** The Street sees Q316 revenue of $541.8 million and EPS of $0.44.
For the full fiscal 2016, we now expect net revenue to be in the range of $2.325 billion to $2.350 billion based on total comparable sales in the mid-single digits on a constant dollar basis. Diluted earnings per share are expected to be in the range of $2.11 to $2.19 for the full year, or $2.07 to $2.15 normalized for the tax and related interest adjustments made during the first two quarters of fiscal 2016.
*** The Street sees FY16 revenue of $2.34 billion and EPS of $2.15.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on lululemon athletica (LULU) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Verizon Communications (VZ) Misses Q4 EPS by 3c
- Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) Tops Q4 EPS by 15c; Guides Below the Street
- Travelers (TRV) Tops Q4 EPS by 49c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!