bebe stores (BEBE) Reports Q1 Loss of $0.10
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Said to Decide to Stay Independent After Reviewing Options - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
bebe stores (NASDAQ: BEBE) reported Q1 EPS of ($0.10), versus ($0.22) reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at $87.2 million, versus $96.3 million reported last year.
Manny Mashouf, Chief Executive Officer said, “In the first quarter of Fiscal 2017 we continue to see sustainable changes in our business. We ended the quarter with our inventory and SG&A below the prior year and increased our gross margin 260 bps as a result of fewer markdowns and improved leverage on our occupancy. We had a very strong denim and leggings business which we will continue to invest in offset by weakness in non-apparel and evening dresses. We are working to take advantage of the casual trend taking place and believe we can continue to grow our bottoms business while working to improve our tops business as this is where we believe the fashion direction is taking us. While it is important to consistently get the fashion right we are also finding it a challenge to offset the extremely high levels of markdowns and promotions realized in the prior year. We are committed to protecting the brand image, reducing markdowns and improving inventory turns and believe both our short-term and long-term success depend on our ability to execute our strategic plan.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on bebe stores (BEBE) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vince Holding (VNCE) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Sales Miss; Guides FY Sales Below the Street
- Casey's General Stores (CASY) Misses Q2 EPS by 15c
- Science Applications Int'l (SAIC) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!