Xcel Energy (XEL) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Narrows Outlook
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Xcel Energy (NYSE: XEL) reported Q3 EPS of $0.90, $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of $0.87. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.04 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.27 billion.
Xcel Energy sees FY2016 EPS of $2.17-$2.22, versus prior guidance of $2.12-$2.27 and the consensus of $2.19.
“Third quarter results were in line with our plan and we are confident we will deliver earnings within our narrowed 2016 guidance range,” said Chairman, President and CEO Ben Fowke. “We continue to see new customer growth in much of our service territories, which has materialized into improved sales.”
“We are successfully executing our strategy by settling rate cases in Minnesota and Texas and achieving several milestones in our steel-for-fuel strategy with the approval of the Rush Creek wind farm in Colorado and our proposal to build and own 750 megawatts of new wind in the Upper Midwest. The abundance of wind in our service territory puts us in a unique position to continue to capitalize on this clean energy resource and drive significant carbon reductions at a tremendous value to our customers.”
“These actions provide a solid foundation for 2017 earnings guidance consistent with our long-term growth objective,” concluded Fowke.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Xcel Energy (XEL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Workday (WDAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Comps Up 16%; Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!