Wendy's (WEN) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook Midpoint
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wendy's (NASDAQ: WEN) reported Q2 EPS of $0.10, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.09. Revenue for the quarter came in at $382.7 million versus the consensus estimate of $367.67 million.
Same-restaurant sales increased 0.4 percent at North America system restaurants in the second quarter of 2016. On a two-year basis, second-quarter 2016 same-restaurant sales increased 2.6 percent for the North America system.
Wendy's sees FY2016 EPS of $0.39-$0.40, versus prior guidance of $0.38-$0.40 and the consensus of $0.39.
The Company now expects:
- Same-restaurant sales growth of approximately 1.0 to 2.0 percent for the North America system.
- Restaurant margin of approximately 19.0 percent at North America Company-operated restaurants.
- Commodity costs to decrease approximately 5 to 6 percent compared to 2015.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Wendy's (WEN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Barrick Gold (ABX) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c
- DDR Corp. (DDR) Tops Q3 FFO by 2c
- Nutrisystem (NTRI) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!