Weight Watchers (WTW) Tops Q3 EPS by 8c; Guides Above the Street
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Weight Watchers (NYSE: WTW) reported Q3 EPS of $0.53, $0.08 better than the analyst estimate of $0.45. Revenue for the quarter came in at $281 million versus the consensus estimate of $290.25 million.
Weight Watchers sees FY2016 EPS of $0.95-$1.05, versus the consensus of $0.94.
"We've seen a great response to our fall campaign and in Q3 we achieved our highest year-over-year percentage growth in recruitment so far this year. We continue to see positive reactions to our Beyond the Scale program, and we look forward to generating even more interest in Weight Watchers with our upcoming winter marketing campaign featuring Oprah Winfrey," said Nick Hotchkin, the Company's CFO and Member, Interim Office of the CEO.
Ray Debbane, the Chairman of the Company's Board of Directors, stated, "The search for our next CEO is progressing well. We are pleased that the Members of the Interim Office of the CEO are deeply involved in the business and providing strong leadership during the transition. They, together with our management team, continue to advance the Company's transformation progress and momentum."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Weight Watchers (WTW) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- Central Garden & Pet (CENT) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c; Guides FY17 EPS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!