Weibo (WB) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c; Guides Q3 Revenue Above the Street
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Weibo (NASDAQ: WB) reported Q2 EPS of $0.16, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $0.11. Revenue for the quarter came in at $146.9 million versus the consensus estimate of $141.15 million.
Weibo sees Q3 2016 revenue of $168-173 million, versus the consensus of $165.29 million.
"Weibo is benefiting from the strong adoption of social marketing with key account and SME revenues growing 73% and 107% year over year, respectively, in the second quarter." said Gaofei Wang, Weibo's CEO. "User growth continues to be robust, especially coming from mobile, where we are seeing short video and live video taking off. Additionally, we are seeing strong operating leverage from Weibo's financial model, resulting from strong revenue growth, coupled with the platform nature of our business model."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Weibo (WB) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- McDonald's (MCD) Q3 Revenue, Comps Top Views
- Altra Industrial Motion (AIMC) to Acquire GKN's Stromag
- Sensient Technologies (SXT) Misses Q3 EPS by 3c; Updates FY16 Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!