Wal-mart (WMT) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Guides Below Street at Mid-Point
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Wal-mart (NYSE: WMT) reported Q3 EPS of $0.98, $0.02 better than the analyst estimate of $0.96. Revenue for the quarter came in at $118.2 billion versus the consensus estimate of $118.69 billion.
Walmart U.S. comp sales increased 1.2%, driven by a traffic increase of 0.7%. Neighborhood Market comp sales increased approximately 5.2%.
Wal-mart sees FY2017 EPS of $4.20-$4.35, versus the consensus of $4.34.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Wal-mart (WMT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Comps Up 16%; Offers Guidance
- Genesco (GCO) Tops Q3 EPS Views, Sales Light
- Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) Misses Q1 EPS by 2c, Comps Fall 5%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!