Visa (V) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Visa (NYSE: V) reported Q4 EPS of $0.78, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $0.73. Revenue for the quarter came in at $4.26 billion versus the consensus estimate of $4.23 billion.
We continue to deliver healthy earnings growth in the face of continued, but abating headwinds. We have begun to see the benefits from our acquisition of Visa Europe and strong cost discipline helped our results. At the same time, we are unwavering in our commitment to invest in client partnership opportunities and the further build out of our digital payments capabilities,” said Charlie Scharf, Chief Executive Officer of Visa Inc.
“As we enter fiscal 2017, we are positioned well as revenue headwinds will continue to ease, we will continue to see the benefits from Visa Europe in our results, and our strong client franchise continues to grow,” added Scharf.
Financial Outlook for Fiscal Full-Year 2017:
Visa Inc. provides its financial outlook for the following GAAP metrics for fiscal full-year 2017:
- Annual net revenue growth: 16% to 18% range on a nominal dollar basis, including 1.0 to 1.5 ppts of negative foreign currency impact;
- Client incentives as a percent of gross revenues: 20.5% to 21.5% range;
- Annual operating margin: Mid 60s;
- Effective tax rate: Low 30s; and
- Annual diluted class A common stock earnings per share growth: Low 30s on a GAAP nominal dollar basis and mid-teens on an adjusted, non-GAAP nominal dollar basis (see note below), both including 1.5 to 2.0 ppts of negative foreign currency impact.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Visa (V) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- SunTrust Banks (STI) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c
- General Electric (GE) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!