Viavi Solutions (VIAV) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Viavi Solutions (NASDAQ: VIAV) reported Q1 EPS of $0.09, $0.02 better than the analyst estimate of $0.07. Revenue for the quarter came in at $210.8 million versus the consensus estimate of $208.14 million.
"We executed well in fiscal Q1 2017 as our results were driven by solid profitability execution from NSE and OSP as both segments exceeded their operating margin guidance range," said Oleg Khaykin, Viavi's President and Chief Executive Officer. "This led to an overall non-GAAP operating margin at 13.0% and non-GAAP EPS at $0.09, both above a year ago levels despite a revenue decline of (8.2)% versus last year."
Khaykin added, "During our recent September Analyst Day event, we outlined our corporate strategy which included three-year profitability targets. We plan to continue to strengthen our market leadership in NE along with a more focused, scaled down SE. In OSP, we plan to leverage our optical coatings technologies into new markets while maintaining our leadership position in the core anti-counterfeiting business."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Viavi Solutions (VIAV) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Genesco (GCO) Tops Q3 EPS Views, Sales Light
- Porter Bancorp (PBIB) Shares Active Following Kentucky Court of Appeals Verdict
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views