ViaSat (VSAT) Tops Q2 EPS by 13c
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
ViaSat (NASDAQ: VSAT) reported Q2 EPS of $0.40, $0.13 better than the analyst estimate of $0.27. Revenue for the quarter came in at $399.2 million versus the consensus estimate of $378.83 million.
"We had a very strong second fiscal quarter. Our government business showed exceptional growth, satellite services continued to steadily increase earnings and revenues driven by ARPU gains and growth in in-flight Wi-Fi services and our record new contract awards are indicative of sustained demand for both our products and services," said Mark Dankberg, ViaSat chairman and CEO. "For the first six months, Adjusted EBITDA grew twice the rate of revenue excluding the impact of R&D expenses associated with the internal development of our next-generation ViaSat-3 class satellite payloads. Continued earnings and operating cash flow growth demonstrated the attractive economics of our network in the residential and aero markets, where we now have contracts with eight commercial airlines globally, and we maintained strong positioning in key government sectors including tactical data links, broadband mobility and IP network security. The ViaSat-2 satellite is expected to ship before calendar year-end, and we're making exciting early progress on our ViaSat-3 platform, which will significantly expand our bandwidth resources, lower our costs, increase our geographic footprint and expand our addressable markets as we position to deliver abundant, cost-effective broadband access on a global scale."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on ViaSat (VSAT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Axis Capital (AXS) Approves $1B Buyback of Common Shares
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!