Valmont Industries (VMI) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c; Slightly Lower Outlook
- S&P little changed as energy weighs but financials edge up
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
- UPDATE: Fed Beige Book: Wages gain modestly in most areas amid tight job market
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) Announces FTC Settlement
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Valmont Industries (NYSE: VMI) reported Q3 EPS of $1.48, $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of $1.49. Revenue for the quarter came in at $610.2 million versus the consensus estimate of $625.99 million.
Valmont Industries slightly lowered FY2016 EPS to $6.23-$6.35, versus the consensus of $6.33.
"The market environment continued to be challenging. Sales declines were largely driven by lower international volumes in Utility Support Structures and weaker Coatings demand in North America," said Mogens C. Bay, Valmont's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "Despite slightly lower overall sales, volatile steel prices and operational challenges in the Coatings Segment, we continue to benefit from the restructuring and operational actions undertaken over the last 18 months, delivering operating income at 8.7% of sales, or 9.6% of sales before charges."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Valmont Industries (VMI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Tops Q4 EPS by 26c
- Citigroup (C) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c
- Target (TGT) November/December Comps Fell 1.3%; Lowers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!