Under Armour (UA) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Reaffirms FY16 Outlook
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Under Armour (NYSE: UA) reported Q3 EPS of $0.29, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $0.25. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.47 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.46 billion.
Gross margin for the third quarter of 2016 was 47.5% compared with 48.8% in the prior year's period, primarily reflecting negative impacts from the timing of liquidation, increased promotions, and foreign exchange rates, partially offset by continued product cost margin improvements.
Based on current visibility, the Company continues to expect 2016 net revenues of approximately $4.925 billion, representing growth of 24% over 2015, and 2016 operating income of $440 million to $445 million, representing growth of 8% to 9% over 2015. Below the operating line, the Company expects interest expense of approximately $30 million, an effective full year tax rate of approximately 35.5%, and fully diluted weighted average shares outstanding of approximately 446 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Under Armour (UA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 12/2: (VASC)/(TFX) (TWTR) (III) (BSX)/(NVCN)
- Genesco (GCO) Tops Q3 EPS Views, Sales Light
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!