UPDATE: Thermon Group Holdings (THR) Misses by 4c (Correct)
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 2, 2016 8:05 AM EDT)
Thermon Group Holdings (NYSE: THR) reported Q2 EPS of $0.10, 4 cents worse estimate of $0.14. Revenue for the quarter came in at $68.8 million versus the consensus estimate of $68.07 million.
"We are encouraged that our revenue levels this quarter remained comparable to last year in view of the current economic environment. Our gross margin performance for the second quarter was an improvement over Q1 2017; however, it remained below our historical average due to unfavorable product mix and pricing pressures. We anticipate gross margins to modestly improve in Q3 as we enter the heating season, but may fall short of our historical 45% due to a warm start to the winter and weaker capital and maintenance spending," said Bruce Thames, President and Chief Executive Officer.
The Company is updating its revenue guidance to reflect a mid single-digit percentage decline for fiscal 2017 as compared to fiscal 2016. While backlog remains strong, the Company is encountering project execution delays by our customers as well as the continued deferral of capital and maintenance spending.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Thermon Group Holdings (THR) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) Misses Q1 EPS by 2c, Comps Fall 5%
- Culp, Inc. (CFI) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!