UPDATE: Michaels Cos. (MIK) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS; Guides In-Line
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - August 25, 2016 7:14 AM EDT)
Michaels Cos. (NASDAQ: MIK) reported Q2 EPS of $0.17, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.17. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.06 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.05 billion.
Comparable store sales increased 0.7%, or 1.0% on a constant currency basis.
Michaels Cos. sees Q3 EPS of $0.42-$0.44, versus the consensus of $0.42
Michaels Cos. sees FY 2016 EPS of $1.92-$1.98, versus the consensus of $1.94.
“We are pleased that our team delivered second quarter results within our expectations, despite a retail environment which continues to be choppy. As anticipated, the quarter was uniquely challenged by the impact of investments we are making to support our Vision 2020 strategy, including the integration of Lamrite West and initiatives to reduce long-term product acquisitioncosts, as well as the unfavorable timing of distribution expenses,” said Chuck Rubin, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “As we move into the second half of the year and into fiscal 2017, we expect to see the benefits of our strategic investments on sales and profitability.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Michaels Cos. (MIK) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Lee Enterprises (LEE) Reports Q4 EPS of $0.14
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Below Consensus Prelim. Q3 Revenue
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!