UPDATE: Michaels Cos. (MIK) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS; Guides In-Line
- Wall St. gains across sectors ahead of Trump inauguration
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
- Investment Focus: History suggests Trump month will be stocks down, dollar up
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 25, 2016 7:14 AM EDT)
Michaels Cos. (NASDAQ: MIK) reported Q2 EPS of $0.17, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.17. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.06 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.05 billion.
Comparable store sales increased 0.7%, or 1.0% on a constant currency basis.
Michaels Cos. sees Q3 EPS of $0.42-$0.44, versus the consensus of $0.42
Michaels Cos. sees FY 2016 EPS of $1.92-$1.98, versus the consensus of $1.94.
“We are pleased that our team delivered second quarter results within our expectations, despite a retail environment which continues to be choppy. As anticipated, the quarter was uniquely challenged by the impact of investments we are making to support our Vision 2020 strategy, including the integration of Lamrite West and initiatives to reduce long-term product acquisitioncosts, as well as the unfavorable timing of distribution expenses,” said Chuck Rubin, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “As we move into the second half of the year and into fiscal 2017, we expect to see the benefits of our strategic investments on sales and profitability.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Michaels Cos. (MIK) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- IBM (IBM): Closer Look Shows The - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!