UPDATE: Cummins (CMI) Tops Q3 EPS by 6c; Updates FY16 Outlook
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - November 1, 2016 7:38 AM EDT)
Cummins (NYSE: CMI) reported Q3 EPS of $2.02, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of $1.96. Revenue for the quarter came in at $4.49 billion versus the consensus estimate of $4.23 billion.
Based on the current forecast, Cummins expects full year 2016 revenues to be down 9 percent, consistent with its prior guidance of down between 8 and 10 percent. Full year EBIT is expected to be 11.3 percent of sales, down from the prior forecast of 11.6 to 12.2 percent. The reduction in EBIT guidance is primarily a result of an increase in the expected costs of a loss contingency in the third quarter. As disclosed in prior quarters, the loss contingency relates to the costs of a campaign to remedy quality issues with third party aftertreatment systems, which were sourced by one of our OEM customers and are paired with our engines in the OEM vehicle.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Cummins (CMI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!