Trina Solar (TSL) Tops Q3 EPS by 16c
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Trina Solar (NYSE: TSL) reported Q3 EPS of $0.29, $0.16 better than the analyst estimate of $0.13. Revenue for the quarter came in at $741.1 million versus the consensus estimate of $824.87 million.
Total module shipments were 1,361.2 MW, compared with 1,658.3 MW in the second quarter of 2016, and 1,703.2 MW in the third quarter of 2015.
Operations and Business Updates
As of September 30, 2016, the Company had the following annualized in-house manufacturing capacities:
- Ingot production capacity of approximately 2.3 GW;
- Wafer capacity of approximately 1.8 GW;
- PV cell capacity of approximately 5.0 GW; and
- PV module capacity of approximately 6.0 GW.
In the third quarter of 2016, the Company connected a total of 26.0 MW of PV projects to the grid in China, including 1.4 MW of utility projects and 24.6 MW of DG projects.
As of September 30, 2016, the Company had a total of 1,302.8 MW downstream solar projects in grid-connected operation, including 1,267.6 MW in China, 4.2 MW in the U.S., and 31.0 MW in Europe. The 1,267.6 MW of projects in China consisted of 1,017.1 MW of utility projects and 250. 5 MW of DG projects.
Going Private Transaction and the Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders
On August 1, 2016, the Company entered into a definitive agreement and plan of merger, pursuant to which the Company will be acquired by an investor consortium in an all-cash transaction implying an equity value of the Company of approximately $1.1 billion (the "Merger"). The Company has called an extraordinary general meeting of shareholders, to be held at 10:00 a.m. Beijing Time on December 16, 2016, to consider and vote on the Merger.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Trina Solar (TSL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Eli Lilly (LLY) to Acquire CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) for $960M
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- Amaya (AYA) Sees Higher 2016 Revs, EBITDA, EPS; CFO Daniel Sebag to Retire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!