Trina Solar (TSL) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c; Guides Q3, FY16
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Trina Solar (NYSE: TSL) reported Q2 EPS of $0.42, $0.11 better than the analyst estimate of $0.31. Revenue for the quarter came in at $961.6 million versus the consensus estimate of $866.56 million.
Total module shipments were 1,658.3 MW, consisting of 1,619.0 MW of external shipments and 39.3 MW of shipments to the Company's own downstream power projects. This compares with total shipments of 1,423.3 MW in the first quarter of 2016, consisting of 1,370.4 MW of external shipments and 52.9 MW of shipments to the Company's own downstream power projects, and total shipments of 1,231.6 MW in the second quarter of 2015, consisting of 1,000.7 MW of external shipments and 230.9 MW of shipments to the Company's own downstream projects.
Third Quarter of 2016 Guidance
The Company expects to ship between 1.55 GW and 1.65 GW of PV modules, of which 30 MW to 50 MW of PV modules will be shipped to the Company's downstream PV projects, from which revenues will not be recognized.
Fiscal Year 2016 Guidance
The Company reiterates its 2016 guidance of 6.30 GW to 6.55 GW, of which 220 MW to 260 MW will be shipped to the Company's downstream projects, from which revenues will not be recognized.
The Company reiterates its 2016 guidance of global solar power project connections at between 400 MW and 500 MW, including 15% to 20% of DG projects in China.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Trina Solar (TSL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CoreSite Realty (COR) Misses Q3 FFO by 1c; Boosts FY16 FFO Outlook
- Gentherm (THRM) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS
- Orrstown Financial (ORRF) Reports Q3 EPS of $0.18
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!