Thomson Reuters (TRI) Tops Q3 EPS by 6c
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Thomson Reuters (NYSE: TRI) reported Q3 EPS of $0.54, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of $0.48. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.74 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.75 billion.
Business Outlook (Before Currency)
Thomson Reuters updated its full-year business outlook for 2016 to reflect the planned fourth-quarter charge discussed earlier in this news release.
The company's 2016 Outlook assumes constant currency rates compared to 2015 and all metrics below (except for free cash flow) exclude the IP & Science business, which was classified as a discontinued operation for 2016 reporting purposes through the closing date. The 2016 Outlook is based on the expected performance of the company's remaining businesses and does not factor in the impact of any other acquisitions or divestitures that may occur during the year.
For the full-year 2016, the company expects:
- Low single-digit revenue growth
- 2% to 3% revenue growth excluding Financial & Risk's recoveries revenues, which are low margin revenues and are expected to decline as partners move to direct billing with their customers
- Adjusted EBITDA margin to range between 25.0% to 26.0% - Including planned charge
- Adjusted EBITDA margin to range between 27.3% and 28.3% - Excluding planned charge
- Underlying operating profit margin to range between 16.0% to 17.0% - Including planned charge
- Underlying operating profit margin to range between 18.4% and 19.4% - Excluding planned charge
- Free cash flow to range between $1.7 billion and $1.9 billion in 2016 (most of cash impact from planned charge to be incurred in 2017)
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Thomson Reuters (TRI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Smith & Wesson (SWHC) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c; Guides Q3 EPS Below Views
- Workday (WDAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!