Third Point Reinsurance Ltd. (TPRE) Tops Q3 EPS by 10c
- Wall Street hits record high for third day in a row
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Third Point Reinsurance Ltd. (NYSE: TPRE) reported Q3 EPS of $0.68, $0.10 better than the analyst estimate of $0.58.
"During the third quarter, we generated premiums written of $142.6 million, a decrease of 30.6% compared to the prior year's third quarter, primarily due to one large reserve cover that was written in the prior year period. Our combined ratio for the quarter was 106.5%, which was in line with expectations given current market conditions and lines of business on which we focus," commented John Berger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "Our investments continued to perform well through the third quarter resulting in a 5.2% increase in diluted book value per share for the quarter."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Third Point Reinsurance Ltd. (TPRE) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Preliminary Q3 EPS In-Line with Views, Revs Light
- Vail Resorts (MTN) Misses Q1 EPS by 13c
- Vince Holding (VNCE) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Sales Miss; Guides FY Sales Below the Street
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesThird Point LLC, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!