Third Point Reinsurance Ltd. (TPRE) Tops Q3 EPS by 10c
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Third Point Reinsurance Ltd. (NYSE: TPRE) reported Q3 EPS of $0.68, $0.10 better than the analyst estimate of $0.58.
"During the third quarter, we generated premiums written of $142.6 million, a decrease of 30.6% compared to the prior year's third quarter, primarily due to one large reserve cover that was written in the prior year period. Our combined ratio for the quarter was 106.5%, which was in line with expectations given current market conditions and lines of business on which we focus," commented John Berger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "Our investments continued to perform well through the third quarter resulting in a 5.2% increase in diluted book value per share for the quarter."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Third Point Reinsurance Ltd. (TPRE) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Misses Q3 EPS by 4c, Offers Guidance
- Porter Bancorp (PBIB) Shares Active Following Kentucky Court of Appeals Verdict
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesThird Point LLC, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!