Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) Tops Q3 EPS by 6c; Raises Outlook
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO) reported Q3 EPS of $2.03, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of $1.97. Revenue for the quarter came in at $4.49 billion versus the consensus estimate of $4.39 billion.
Thermo Fisher Scientific sees FY2016 EPS of $8.19-$8.30, versus prior guidance of $8.07-$8.20 and the consensus of $8.21. Thermo Fisher Scientific sees FY2016 revenue of $18.25-18.36 billion, versus prior guidance of $17.84-18 billion and the consensus of $18.12 billion.
“We delivered another great quarter, with excellent earnings growth on solid top-line results,” said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. “We drove strong operational performance while successfully executing our growth strategy to position Thermo Fisher for an even brighter future.
“In the quarter, we strengthened our offering for clinical customers by expanding our menu of tests for detecting sepsis, opioids and thyroid disease, and launching new quality control software to ensure the accuracy of results in the clinical laboratory. In Asia-Pacific, we increased our biopharma services capabilities in South Korea and Japan to support the growing number of clinical trials and continue our strong growth momentum in the region.
“We were also pleased to complete our acquisition of FEI earlier than expected. We look forward to the new opportunities we have to create value for our customers, including broadening the use of FEI’s leading imaging technologies in the life science research markets that we serve.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Xactly Corporation (XTLY) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
- Methode Electronics (MEI) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c; Boosts FY17 EPS Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!