Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) Tops Q3 EPS by 6c; Raises Outlook
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO) reported Q3 EPS of $2.03, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of $1.97. Revenue for the quarter came in at $4.49 billion versus the consensus estimate of $4.39 billion.
Thermo Fisher Scientific sees FY2016 EPS of $8.19-$8.30, versus prior guidance of $8.07-$8.20 and the consensus of $8.21. Thermo Fisher Scientific sees FY2016 revenue of $18.25-18.36 billion, versus prior guidance of $17.84-18 billion and the consensus of $18.12 billion.
“We delivered another great quarter, with excellent earnings growth on solid top-line results,” said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. “We drove strong operational performance while successfully executing our growth strategy to position Thermo Fisher for an even brighter future.
“In the quarter, we strengthened our offering for clinical customers by expanding our menu of tests for detecting sepsis, opioids and thyroid disease, and launching new quality control software to ensure the accuracy of results in the clinical laboratory. In Asia-Pacific, we increased our biopharma services capabilities in South Korea and Japan to support the growing number of clinical trials and continue our strong growth momentum in the region.
“We were also pleased to complete our acquisition of FEI earlier than expected. We look forward to the new opportunities we have to create value for our customers, including broadening the use of FEI’s leading imaging technologies in the life science research markets that we serve.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Ameris Bancorp (ABCB) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c
- Signet Jewelers (SIG) May Be Close To Selling Credit Business, Likely Positive For Stock - Northcoast Research
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!