Target (TGT) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c; Comps Fell 1.1%; FY16 EPS Outlook Trimmed
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Target (NYSE: TGT) reported Q2 EPS of $1.23, $0.11 better than the analyst estimate of $1.12. Revenue for the quarter came in at $16.2 billion versus the consensus estimate of $16.18 billion.
Comps fell 1.1 percent, versus a drop of 1 percent expected.
Target sees Q3 2016 EPS of $0.75 - $0.95, versus the consensus of $0.96.
Target sees FY2016 EPS of $4.80 - $5.20, versus prior guidance of $5.20 - $5.40 and the consensus of $5.13.
While Target has plans in place to strengthen results over time, based on the current retail environment the Company believes it is prudent to lower its expectations for comparable sales in the second half of the year. In both the third and fourth quarters of 2016, Target now expects comparable sales growth in the range of (2.0) percent to flat.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Target (TGT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Cooper Cos. (COO) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c, Offers FY17 Guidance
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Preliminary Q3 EPS In-Line with Views, Revs Light
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!