Target (TGT) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c; Comps Fell 1.1%; FY16 EPS Outlook Trimmed
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Target (NYSE: TGT) reported Q2 EPS of $1.23, $0.11 better than the analyst estimate of $1.12. Revenue for the quarter came in at $16.2 billion versus the consensus estimate of $16.18 billion.
Comps fell 1.1 percent, versus a drop of 1 percent expected.
Target sees Q3 2016 EPS of $0.75 - $0.95, versus the consensus of $0.96.
Target sees FY2016 EPS of $4.80 - $5.20, versus prior guidance of $5.20 - $5.40 and the consensus of $5.13.
While Target has plans in place to strengthen results over time, based on the current retail environment the Company believes it is prudent to lower its expectations for comparable sales in the second half of the year. In both the third and fourth quarters of 2016, Target now expects comparable sales growth in the range of (2.0) percent to flat.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Target (TGT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- McDonald's (MCD) Q3 Revenue, Comps Top Views
- Penns Woods Bancorp (PWOD) Q3 Profit Slips Lower
- Netsuite (N) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!