TEGNA (TGNA) Tops Q3 EPS by 6c
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
TEGNA (NYSE: TGNA) reported Q3 EPS of $0.65, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of $0.59. Revenue for the quarter came in at $860.27 million versus the consensus estimate of $869.86 million.
Gracia Martore, president and chief executive officer, said, “We are very proud of the significant progress we made on all fronts this quarter, which culminated in non-GAAP earnings per share growth of 76 percent, as each of our businesses continues to successfully execute its respective growth strategy. At TEGNA Media, our strong NBC footprint led to record Summer Olympic advertising revenue in the quarter. We also benefited from higher political revenue and a 32 percent increase in retransmission revenue, continuing the strong retransmission growth trajectory we’ve seen over the last several years. Advertising related to congressional and gubernatorial elections in the quarter was up substantially compared to past presidential election years. However, political advertising did not achieve expectations due primarily to substantially lower than anticipated spending in the presidential election. In our Digital Segment, strong results at Cars.com were driven by growth in direct channel revenue as well as the acquisition of DealerRater. CareerBuilder benefited from the acquisitions of Aurico and Workterra augmenting strong product sales as it continues its transition toward SaaS-focused products and services.”
Martore continued, “We continue to be on track to complete the spin-off of Cars.com in the first half of 2017, and we are making progress on the strategic review process for CareerBuilder, which is now well underway. As we continue down both of these paths, we remain as sharply focused as ever on growing and innovating across all of our businesses to ensure that we remain at the leading edge of the digital and media landscapes as we close out the year and enter 2017.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on TEGNA (TGNA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Union Pacific (UNP) Tops Q4 EPS by 6c
- Amaya (AYA) Sees Higher 2016 Revs, EBITDA, EPS; CFO Daniel Sebag to Retire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!