T-Mobile (TMUS) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Raises Outlook
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) reported Q3 EPS of $0.27, ex-spectrum gains, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $0.23. Revenue for the quarter came in at $9.2 billion versus the consensus estimate of $9.42 billion.
- The fastest growing wireless company in America:
- 2.0 million total net adds – 14th consecutive quarter of over 1 million
- 851,000 branded postpaid phone net adds – industry leader in net adds for the 11th consecutive quarter
- 684,000 branded prepaid net adds – 2nd best quarterly net adds performance in Company history
- 1.32% branded postpaid phone churn* – down 14 bps YoY
- Customer growth continues to drive industry-leading financial growth:
- $7.1 billion service revenues, up 13.2% YoY – industry leader in growth for 10th consecutive quarter
- $9.2 billion total revenues, up 17.8% YoY – industry leader in growth for 13th time in past 14 quarters
- $366 million net income, up 165% YoY – 5.1% as a percentage of service revenues. Third quarter 2016 includes $122 million in spectrum gains.
- $0.42 EPS, up $0.27 YoY. Third quarter 2016 includes $0.15 in spectrum gains.
- $2.6 billion Adjusted EBITDA**, up 37.8% YoY – 37% Adjusted EBITDA margin***. Third quarter 2016 includes $199 million in spectrum gains.
- America’s fastest and fastest growing 4G LTE network – 312 million POPs covered – 99.7% of Verizon
- Raising customer outlook and narrowing Adjusted EBITDA target for 2016:
- Guidance range for branded postpaid net adds increased to 3.7 to 3.9 million from 3.4 to 3.8 million
- Net income is not available on a forward-looking basis****
- Raising and narrowing Adjusted EBITDA target to $10.2 to $10.4 billion from $9.8 to $10.1 billion
- Narrowing cash capital expenditures guidance to $4.5 to $4.7 billion from $4.5 to $4.8 billion
For earnings history and earnings-related data on T-Mobile (TMUS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Big Lots (BIG) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Comps Up 16%; Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!