Sysco Corp. (SYY) Tops Q1 EPS by 9c
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Sysco Corp. (NYSE: SYY) reported Q1 EPS of $0.67, ex-items, $0.09 better than the analyst estimate of $0.58. Revenue for the quarter came in at $14 billion versus the consensus estimate of $13.88 billion.
Excluding Brakes adjusted EPS increased $0.11 to $0.63.
“I am pleased with our first quarter performance which built upon the favorable results we have achieved over the past several quarters,” said Bill DeLaney, Sysco’s chief executive officer. “We continued to focus on supporting the needs of our customers and achieved strong earnings growth through solid execution in a softening industry environment. We remain committed to achieving our three-year plan financial goals.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Sysco Corp. (SYY) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Misses Q3 EPS by 4c, Offers Guidance
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!