Synutra Int'l (SYUT) Reports Break-even Q1
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Synutra Int'l (NASDAQ: SYUT) reported Q1 EPS of $0.00, versus $0.13 reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at $77.9 million, versus $82.33 million reported last year.
Mr. Liang Zhang, Chairman and CEO of Synutra, commented, "We reported an increase in our core Nutritional Food segment sales in spite of the negative foreign exchange impact, along with an increase in our milk formula sales volume, when compared with the first quarter of fiscal 2016. In RMB terms, net sales of our milk formula products increased by 4% year-over-year, the first such quarter since the fourth quarter of fiscal 2015. Adding to the sales of this segment was the liquid milk product under our DutchCow brand which we launched in January 2016 and have seen its sales double each month since then. We continued to expand our ThumbMama membership community and develop our ThumbMall e-commerce platform. We also continue to expand our product offerings across a wider range of mom and baby categories."
Mr. Zhang continued, "Due to the prolonged adjustment period for one particular equipment supplier, we experienced further delays at our French project and now expect the French project to be fully operational in September 2016. The expectation for our 100% French-produced infant formula is to be available for retail sales in China in the third quarter of fiscal 2017. The product quality that will come from our French project and will boost the confidence of our customers and elevate sales. We also remain confident in our ability to capitalize on consolidation opportunities under new Chinese government regulations as a leading infant formula player in China."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Synutra Int'l (SYUT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Barclays Upgrades Essex Property Trust (ESS) to Overweight
- Lions Gate (LGF) Positioned As Either Aquirer Or Entity To Be Acquired - Brean Capital
- Wal-Mart (WMT) PT Lowered to $70 at Morgan Stanley, Says Food Price Deflation Is A Wildcard, Concerned Over Slowdown In Site Visitations
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!