Super Micro Computer (SMCI) Tops Q1 EPS by 7c
- European stocks hit three-week low as Trump reality sets in
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Calls Apple's (AAPL) Claims 'Baseless'
- Unease over Trump sends dollar to one-and-half month low
- Kate Spade (KATE) Said to Attract Interest from Coach (COH) and Michael Kors (KORS) - Bloomberg
- Oil falls as signs of U.S. output rise overshadow OPEC-led cuts
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Super Micro Computer (NASDAQ: SMCI) reported Q1 EPS of $0.26, $0.07 better than the analyst estimate of $0.19. Revenue for the quarter came in at $529 million versus the consensus estimate of $503.64 million.
“We are pleased that Supermicro was able to report revenues and profits at the higher end of our expectations for the first quarter. Strong growth from storage, IoT Embedded, and accelerated computing contributed to our results. Although internet datacenter and cloud were lower than previous quarters and same quarter last year, we have many opportunities to win more business in the coming quarters to increase utilization of our current capacity,” said Charles Liang, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Technology is changing rapidly with several technology transitions coming soon and Supermicro is the best positioned company in IT infrastructure today to quickly adapt to the new technologies. We believe that we have opportunities for growth across all of our product lines and we will continue to focus on being first to market with the latest technology.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Super Micro Computer (SMCI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Silgan (SLGN) to Acquire WestRock's (WRK) Specialty Closures and Dispensing Systems Business for $1.03B
- Synchrony Financial (SYF) PT Raised to $41 at JMP Securities
- AMC Entertainment (AMC) to Acquire Nordic Cinema Group for $929M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!