SunPower (SPWR) Tops Q3 EPS by 30c; Will Implement Corp. Restructuring
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/2: (ASNA) (HTBX) (REPH) Higher; (PLX) (MEMP) (DRYS) Lower
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SunPower (NASDAQ: SPWR) reported Q3 EPS of $0.68, $0.30 better than the analyst estimate of $0.38. Revenue for the quarter came in at $729.3 million versus the consensus estimate of $777.94 million.
The company will implement the following initiatives:
- Reduce capacity to lower inventory, improve cash flow and match to profitable demand
- Cost reduction programs that are expected to improve margins and reduce 2017 annual operating expenses to approximately $350 million
- Target 2017 capital expenditures of approximately $100 million, a reduction of more than 50 percent compared to 2016
- Initiatives to improve liquidity with the goal of generating positive cash flow from operations through the end of 2017 and exiting the year with approximately $300 million in cash
SunPower sees Q4 2016 revenue of $0.09-1.1 billion, versus the consensus of $1.37 billion.
SunPower sees FY2016 revenue of $2.43-2.63 billion, versus the consensus of $2.99 billion.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on SunPower (SPWR) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Genesco (GCO) Tops Q3 EPS Views, Sales Light
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Comps Up 16%; Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!