SunPower (SPWR) Tops Q3 EPS by 30c; Will Implement Corp. Restructuring
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SunPower (NASDAQ: SPWR) reported Q3 EPS of $0.68, $0.30 better than the analyst estimate of $0.38. Revenue for the quarter came in at $729.3 million versus the consensus estimate of $777.94 million.
The company will implement the following initiatives:
- Reduce capacity to lower inventory, improve cash flow and match to profitable demand
- Cost reduction programs that are expected to improve margins and reduce 2017 annual operating expenses to approximately $350 million
- Target 2017 capital expenditures of approximately $100 million, a reduction of more than 50 percent compared to 2016
- Initiatives to improve liquidity with the goal of generating positive cash flow from operations through the end of 2017 and exiting the year with approximately $300 million in cash
SunPower sees Q4 2016 revenue of $0.09-1.1 billion, versus the consensus of $1.37 billion.
SunPower sees FY2016 revenue of $2.43-2.63 billion, versus the consensus of $2.99 billion.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on SunPower (SPWR) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Below Consensus Prelim. Q3 Revenue
- Ferrellgas Partners (FGP) Tops Q1 EPS by 6c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!