Sterling Construction (STRL) Reports Q3 EPS of 10c
- Health, tech stocks extend Wall Street record-setting rally
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Sterling Construction (NASDAQ: STRL) reported Q3 EPS of $0.10, $0.12 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.22. Revenue for the quarter came in at $205.6 million versus the consensus estimate of $198.75 million.
Mr. Varello concluded, “Turning to our outlook for the remainder of 2016, the majority of our business units are performing at expected levels, which makes us confident in our previously announced guidance for full year 2016 revenues. This extrapolates to fourth quarter revenue in the range of $150 million to $170 million. As mentioned previously, however, our Texas business has not recovered as rapidly as we originally anticipated, and remains below our targets from a profitability standpoint. As a result, we are revising our outlook for the balance of 2016 and now expect our net income for the fourth quarter, one of our seasonally slowest quarters, to approximate breakeven. Our focus remains on gross margin improvement and tight G&A cost controls to further enable us to grow our bottom line. In summary, we are continuing to make progress with Sterling’s turnaround, and expect to deliver additional improvements for the balance of 2016 and into 2017.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Sterling Construction (STRL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Preliminary Q3 EPS In-Line with Views, Revs Light
- Finisar (FNSR) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c; Guides Above the Street
- Cooper Cos. (COO) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c, Offers FY17 Guidance