Sterling Construction (STRL) Reports Q3 EPS of 10c
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Sterling Construction (NASDAQ: STRL) reported Q3 EPS of $0.10, $0.12 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.22. Revenue for the quarter came in at $205.6 million versus the consensus estimate of $198.75 million.
Mr. Varello concluded, “Turning to our outlook for the remainder of 2016, the majority of our business units are performing at expected levels, which makes us confident in our previously announced guidance for full year 2016 revenues. This extrapolates to fourth quarter revenue in the range of $150 million to $170 million. As mentioned previously, however, our Texas business has not recovered as rapidly as we originally anticipated, and remains below our targets from a profitability standpoint. As a result, we are revising our outlook for the balance of 2016 and now expect our net income for the fourth quarter, one of our seasonally slowest quarters, to approximate breakeven. Our focus remains on gross margin improvement and tight G&A cost controls to further enable us to grow our bottom line. In summary, we are continuing to make progress with Sterling’s turnaround, and expect to deliver additional improvements for the balance of 2016 and into 2017.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Sterling Construction (STRL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Donaldson (DCI) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c; Affirms Guidance
- Express (EXPR) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Comps Outpaced; FY16 EPS Outlook Below Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!