Steris (STE) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Steris (NYSE: STE) reported Q1 EPS of $0.79, $0.02 better than the analyst estimate of $0.77. Revenue for the quarter came in at $638.4 million versus the consensus estimate of $639.04 million.
The Company now anticipates total revenue growth in the range of 22-23% for fiscal 2017, including approximately 6% organic revenue growth. This compares to prior expectations of 25-26% revenue growth and approximately 7% organic revenue growth. The change in revenue expectations is primarily driven by the sale of the UK linen business, changes in foreign currency exchange rates, and the previously discussed lower IMS growth, partially offset by the acquisition of Medisafe Holdings Ltd. The combined impact of these factors is anticipated to be approximately $0.05 dilutive to adjusted earnings per diluted share, and is expected to be absorbed in the Company's previously provided range of $3.85 - $4.00.
The Company has based its outlook on nine-month forward rates as of June 30, 2016. The Company continues to expect $15 million in cost synergies as a result of the combination with Synergy and an adjusted effective tax rate of approximately 25% in fiscal 2017. The Company also continues to expect fiscal 2017 free cash flow to be approximately $250 million, which includes the spending of approximately $50 million in additional cash expenses related to the integration of Synergy Health and capital expenditures of approximately $190 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Steris (STE) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Honeywell (HON) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Issues Q4 EPS outlook
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- TrustCo Bank (TRST) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!