Stein Mart (SMRT) Misses Q3 EPS by 9c; Updates FY16 Outlook
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stein Mart (NASDAQ: SMRT) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.24), $0.09 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.15). Revenue for the quarter came in at $299.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $304.14 million.
Comparable store sales decreased 4.6 percent
Updated 2016 Outlook
Based on our results through the third quarter, we have updated our full year 2016 outlook as follows:
- Due to higher markdowns in third quarter 2016 and deleveraging of occupancy costs, we now expect our full year gross profit rate to be lower than in 2015.
- We are now estimating SG&A expenses for the full year to be slightly lower than our previous estimate of $360 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Stein Mart (SMRT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PPL Corp. (PPL) to Reiterate 2016 Earnings Guidance at Upcoming Analyst/Investor Meetings
- Ambarella (AMBA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c
- Johnson Controls (JCI) Offers FY17 Outlook; Provides Expectations for 2020
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!