Stein Mart (SMRT) Misses Q3 EPS by 9c; Updates FY16 Outlook
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Stein Mart (NASDAQ: SMRT) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.24), $0.09 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.15). Revenue for the quarter came in at $299.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $304.14 million.
Comparable store sales decreased 4.6 percent
Updated 2016 Outlook
Based on our results through the third quarter, we have updated our full year 2016 outlook as follows:
- Due to higher markdowns in third quarter 2016 and deleveraging of occupancy costs, we now expect our full year gross profit rate to be lower than in 2015.
- We are now estimating SG&A expenses for the full year to be slightly lower than our previous estimate of $360 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Stein Mart (SMRT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- NCI Building Systems (NCS) Misses Q4 EPS by 3c
- DAVIDsTEA Inc. (DTEA) Misses Q3 EPS by 4c, Names Interim CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!