Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Starbucks Coffee (NASDAQ: SBUX) reported Q4 EPS of $0.56, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.55. Revenue for the quarter came in at $5.71 billion versus the consensus estimate of $5.68 billion.
- U.S. comparable store sales increase of 4% was comprised of 6% increase in average ticket and 1% decrease in traffic. After adjusting for the estimated impact of order consolidation related to the new Starbucks Rewards™ loyalty program, average ticket grew 4% and traffic grew 1%.
- Consolidated net revenues grew 16% to $5.7 billion
- Consolidated operating income increased 27% to $1.2 billion
- Consolidated operating margin expanded 180 basis points to 21.5%
- GAAP EPS increased 26% to $0.54 per share and included $0.06 related to the extra week in Q4 FY16
- Non-GAAP EPS of $0.56 included $0.06 related to the extra week in Q4 FY16. Excluding the extra week, non-GAAP EPS of $0.50 grew 16% over Q4 FY15 non-GAAP EPS
- The company opened 690 net new stores in the quarter, bringing total stores to 25,085 in 75 countries worldwide
- Mobile Order and Pay represented 6% of U.S. transactions in the quarter, up from 5% in the prior quarter
Starbucks Coffee sees FY2017 EPS of $2.12-$2.14, versus the consensus of $2.16.
- Approximately 2,100 net new stores globally
- Mid-single digit comparable store sales growth globally
- Consolidated revenue growth in the double digits
- GAAP EPS range of $2.09 to $2.11, non-GAAP EPS range of $2.12 to $2.14
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Workday (WDAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
- Big Lots (BIG) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!