Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Maintains FY EPS Outlook
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Sprouts Farmers Market (NASDAQ: SFM) reported Q3 EPS of $0.16, $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.17. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.04 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.01 billion.
- Comparable store sales growth of 1.3%
On September 7, 2016, we updated our third quarter and full-year 2016 guidance primarily due to the significant ongoing deflation and the stepped-up promotional environment. Given our third quarter performance, we have raised the bottom of full-year comparable store sales growth range and maintained our EPS guidance. This change and additional guidance for 2016 are provided below:
|Full-Year 2016 Guidance|
|52-week to 52-week||53-week to 52-week|
|Net sales growth||14.5% to 15%||12% to 12.5%|
|Unit growth||36 new stores||36 new stores|
|Comparable store sales growth (1)||2.0% to 2.5%||2.0% to 2.5%|
|Diluted earnings per share (2)||$0.83 to $0.86||$0.83 to $0.86|
|EBITDA growth (3)||0% to 2%||-3% to -1%|
|Capital expenditures||$160M to $165M||$160M to $165M|
|(net of landlord reimbursements)|
(1) Comparable store sales growth is on an equal 52-week to 52-week basis.(2) Based on a weighted average share count of approximately 150 million shares for 2016.(3) Compared to adjusted measures in 2015.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Ambarella (AMBA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c
- Culp, Inc. (CFI) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!